01 October 2009

What do you blog about when you haven't blogged in a while?

You need to know that I haven't disappeared, or moved to Patagonia, or anything like that. I apologize if you have missed my entries or have been concerned of my whereabouts. I'm still here, and hopefully I'll get to blogging on a more regular basis. Don't hold your breath, though.

So, how are you? I truly hope that life is treating you the best it can and that you aren't bogged down too much with busyness and unimportant details that continuously pick at your brain. It's okay if you are. Don't hear me saying that being busy is wrong or detrimental to your well-being. It isn't, but we all need a little space and a breather now and then, wouldn't you say?

Do you know who has the most dangerous job in the world? Matthew Stafford, quarterback for the Detroit Lions. I know the Lions won on Sunday, and I'm tickled. In fact, I'm still pinching myself. But they have a long way to go to rebuild and become an actual contender in the NFL. A long way. I hope they get to that point in my lifetime. A Super Bowl appearance would be really nice!

I've been studying personality types quite a bit lately, especially the Myers-Briggs typologies. I don't know why this stuff fascinates me so much, but I'm glad it does. It provides me with windows into the temperaments of myself and other people. What I'm really hoping to use it for is to figure out the uniqueness of the congregation that I serve. In other words, I'm trying to answer the question: "What is the overall personality and temperament of Trinity Lutheran Church, New Lenox, Illinois?" I believe that once we have a good idea of what that is, then we can play on our strengths and be a beacon of light and love in the neighborhood and community.

I wish I can give you more details than that, but I'm not wired that way. My brain isn't connected in a way that it can pinpoint and communicate the minutiae of what I'm thinking. My mind is visionary and not organizational. I know that drives some people nuts, but according to my Myers-Briggs typology I'm an INFP living in an ESTJ world. Now I understand why many things that I try to accomplish tend to not work too well. It also explains why I have so much clutter on my desk. Don't try to clean it up for me because I know where everything is!!

That's all for now. When I think of something really important to blog about, I'll be right back at the keyboard pounding away. Thanks for sticking around!!

No comments: