03 May 2008

Funeral Today, Confirmation Tomorrow

What a weekend I have planned!

Today I attend a memorial service up in Berwyn for a fellow pastor. He passed away back in March. He was creamated, but the funeral was delayed until today because he wanted Martin Marty to speak at his funeral and Marty wasn't available until today. Interesting. Marty couldn't clear his calendar for the funeral of a friend? Well, I don't know the ins and outs of Marty's schedule. I know he's in demand in many circles and is lecturing somewhere just about every day. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Not that he needs it, mind you. It's strictly for my benefit alone.

Tomorrow is Confirmation Sunday. Trinity has 24 confirmands this year (I think that's the most Trinity has ever had, but I'm not sure. It's certainly the most I've ever confirmed in one service). Most of these kids I'll never see again, except I might bump into them every once in a while. I don't know what to do about that, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Perhaps instead of expecting them to keep in touch with me I should make arrangements to keep in touch with them. I don't know.

Gotta go sign some certificates. I better get the Active-On ready for the writer's cramp I'll inevitably suffer.

No comments: