09 March 2008

Better

I've been under the weather the past couple of days and not out of the woods yet (how do you like those metaphors?), hence I haven't posted anything. Friday morning I awoke to the joyful motions of vertigo and had my wife run me over to the emergency room. The doctor ruled out heart attack and stroke almost immediately since my symptoms were not so severe as to make that diagnosis. But he did test me by attempting to reproduce the vertigo. He made me sit up on the bed, then quickly lie down and turn my head. The first time I turned my head to the right. Nothing. The second time I turned my head to the left. Whoosh!!! The room was a-spinnin'. He gave the diagnosis of Benign Positional Vertigo, prescribed Antivert (Meclizine), and sent me home. I see my own doctor on Monday. I probably just have an ear infection or some upper respiratory ailment. I'm still not feeling really great, but at least the spinning has subsided.

3 comments:

Chris said...

A post on Vertigo, but no reference to U2? Tsk-tsk. I expected better.

Get well soon, bud!!

Doug Hoag said...

Thanks!

Kevin Beck said...

Doug,
Those were metaphors? Ooops. I though you were really in the woods.

Sorry to hear about your vertigo. I hope you feel better soon.

Blessings,
Kevin