04 October 2006

Myers-Briggs Typology

My Myers-Briggs temperament is INFP- Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving, which means that my inner world is where I derive most of my energy. I swim in a world of feelings and emotions. I prefer patterns over cold facts. I also don't like small talk. It's not because I don't like the person I happen to be conversing with. It's because I'd rather talk about something else. So, don't give me details about your day. Tell me how your day affected you. What happened inside of you? Talk to me about how you perceive the world and how you feel about it. If you ever criticize me, make sure you tell me it's nothing personal because I will tend to take things personally, even if you didn't intend it that way.

One criticism I hear of the Myers-Briggs inventory is that it pigeon-holes and categorizes people. I can understand that objection, but I don't quite agree. I think it can be used that way. However, it's nice to have somewhat of an explanation of why you do the things you do. Why am I so sensitive? Why do I get angry at certain things and laugh hysterically at other things?

So, what's your temperament? There are many places on the internet where you can take a free temperament inventory, and the url's escape me at the moment. But I'm interested in your type if you wouldn't mind sharing.

1 comment:

Chris Ledgerwood said...

I don't know! But, it sounds a lot like yours.