24 September 2006

Change Your Life

I'm leery of people and places that want to "change my life" or "change the world". There's actually a church called "Life Changers International Church" It sounds like a marketing gimmick to get me to buy a lot of "Jesus junk". Here's the truth as I see it:

Life changes all by itself. The world changes all by itself. How can it be any other way?

I'd rather have perspective in a changing world and my changing life. This will help me with life rather than changing it.

4 comments:

Franklin Ledgerwood said...

Good Post!! I especially like the phrase: "marketing gimmick to get me to buy a lot of "Jesus junk"" You should see some of the "gimmicks" posted on a local church here in cushing. My personal favorite fear-driven-church-phrase that was posted on that billboard was "stop, drop, and roll won't work in hell"

Chris Ledgerwood said...

But doug, reading this post has been a life changing experience for me!! lol

Scott said...

You know what would be cool, is a change your church, church. It would be a place where you could go learn how to knock the stupid out of church people in three easy steps. Once you've passed the course, you could go back to your church to implement it.

Think of it as a spiritual battle sabatical...

Anonymous said...

The Holy Spirit changes people. Just sit them down in the presence of God and He will take over. And you may never know exactly when that happens. The presence of God can be anywhere. It's also in a book called the Bible if you can get them to read.