28 September 2006

Resurrection

Then Moses said to them, "This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'" The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.-- Exodus 32:27,28

Those who accepted his [Peter's] message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.-- Acts 2:41

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"-- Revelation 21:5a


Resurrection: reconstitution of Israel, vindication of the Church, new creation!

3 comments:

Chris Ledgerwood said...

Ok, I don't understanmd what you are trying to say here. Please, explain it to me!

Chris Ledgerwood said...

Ok, I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Please, explain it to me!

1:30 PM

Doug Hoag said...

Sorry-- sometimes I can be a bit unclear. What I'm trying to say is that God puts Israel back together by restoring and renewing them. Notice how many people the Levites killed in Exodus and the number of people who were added to the Christians in Acts-- about three thousand. This I call resurrection, and it's what the early Christian movement was all about: God putting Israel back together again!

Hope that helps! Thanks man!!